Updates from our expanding family, plus whatever else is on our minds!

Updates from our expanding family, plus whatever else is on our minds!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

24 Weeks


I'm sorry for the lack of posts recently ... busy season is definitely here and I have been crazy busy at work lately.  I am lucky to have a wonderful husband who helps me out around the house and running errands for me since I don't exactly have a lot of fee time to keep up with that stuff.  That definitely makes busy season a lot more manageable, but I am looking forward to the big 3/15 deadline next week, and even more so for the 4/15 deadline! (Which reminds me that I need to file our own taxes sometime in the next month!)

Baby girl has hit a growth spurt over the past couple weeks and become much stronger.  The little flutters I have been feeling inside for a while are much more pronounced now, and I can even see my belly moving around when she kicks really hard.  She is especially active in the morning and evening, and of course after I eat.  These kicks can be a bit distracting when working long hours, but I absolutely love feeling her move around in there!!

I am convinced she is going to be a dancer or performer of some sort - I went to Rock Chalk Revue at KU last weekend with some of my friends and she was dancing like crazy during the first few numbers. (On a side note - congrats to the DG house for winning best overall show!!!)  I also know we already have a little KU fan on our hands (as if there was any chance she would not love the Jayhawks).  During the KU/Mizzou game she was just cheering like crazy - and was dancing around after the Hawks came away with a win!  (This could have also been due to the fact that everyone watching the game at our house, myself included, were yelling and jumping around like crazy for the last few minutes of that game!)  My dad called me after the game to ask if I went into early labor due to the Hawks making it a close game.  Luckily I didn't - but hopefully the Hawks can avoid close games like that for the rest of March Madness because I don't know if baby girl and I can handle any more those nail biters!!!

Baby girl's room is coming together.  Chris has painted the walls and the trim, and we are painting stripes on one of the walls this weekend so after that all the painting will be done!  We have picked out her bedding (I LOVE it!), and found her furniture at Nebraska Furniture Mart last weekend so I am excited for that to be delivered in a couple of weeks!!  My mom and I are going to sew curtains for the room, so hopefully we can get that done in the next couple of weeks as well.  I know we have plenty of time, but I am just excited for the room to get all set up so it is all ready for baby girl to come home to!  Once we get it all set up, I will be sure to post pictures so everyone can see the final product!

-Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment