Updates from our expanding family, plus whatever else is on our minds!

Updates from our expanding family, plus whatever else is on our minds!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gender Reveal Party

We had our ultrasound appointment on a Thursday but were waiting until Sunday to tell our friends and family the news at our gender reveal party.  I spent most of the weekend baking up some yummy treats (with both blue and pink touches so as not to give away the secret), including a cake that would be the way we shared our news!  I wanted to be sure that the color of the actual cake was well hidden, so I had my first experience making and using fondant (which was not as hard as I would have thought).  I was pretty excited with the way it turned out though!


Before we cut the cake, everyone at the party had to write down their guesses.  We had several people on FaceTime so they could see the reveal live, so we wrote down their guesses for them.  The final tally was:


Once everyone got to the party it was finally time to cut the cake and let everyone in on the secret.  It was a big worry of mine that Chris or I would slip up with a "she" sometime between when we found out and when we told everyone, but luckily that didn't happen.  So it was a big relief to finally cut the cake and let everyone know that it's a GIRL!!!

Here is the reaction of everyone celebrating after we cut the cake....

Or else you can watch the reveal live in this video....


Before everyone left, we wanted to get pictures of the people on Team Girl.... (please note that Chris and I had signed up before the ultrasound - we have several people who can verify this too!)



And those on Team Boy... (for guessing incorrectly we said that each of the people on this team has to change a dirty diaper before they can hold the baby) :-)

I am so excited to have a future Delta Gamma on my hands ... and was so glad to have my fellow DG's there to be a part of the reveal!

A big thank you to each and every person who came to the party (whether in person or via FaceTime) - it meant so much to Chris and I to have so many people to share our happy news with, and we could not feel luckier to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives.  This little baby girl is so lucky because she is already loved by so many people!

-Ellie

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I will be thinking pink. And the first thought is that pink can do anything that blue can do!!! So my "Girl Power" and "Ruff and tuff Tom Boy" theme will be apparent in up coming gifts and goodies! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete