Well, I have made it to the 9th month - I'm only 4 weeks from my due date!! We have had a busy last couple of weeks getting ready for Baby Girl! This past weekend my friends put together a fun couples shower for Chris and I. We had it at our house, and they did an amazing job planning everything and putting together the food and decorations. I had a fantastic time, and it was great to get together with everyone!! I have said it a million times, but we are so so lucky to have such amazing people in our lives, and that will be a part of our Baby Girl's life for years to come!! Here are a few pictures from the shower.....
The cookies were delicious and so pretty (complete with edible glitter!) and the diaper cake was so cute!
Yummy candy, and blank onesies for everyone to decorate
The food was amazing!!!
Yummy, a strawberry lemonade cake - so delicious!
Some of my DG friends .... Julie, Leah (the hostess!), and Michelle
More friends - Nicole and fellow mommy-to-be, Trish
Peeking out on the "boys party" (they were outside)
The beautiful Miss Bella, who was a huge help in handing me presents!
Michelle put together a mad lib and got word suggestions from everyone at the party ... this was the official reading of the mad lib! So fun!
Bella loved throwing the frisbee for Lexie, and I don't know who was more tired by the end of the party!
More of my DG girls ... Stacey & Meredith
Here are some of the onesies made by people at the party - can't wait for Baby Girl to wear these!
My cup for the evening (and for future evenings when I can finally have a glass of wine again!)
I am officially on maternity leave (yayyy!!), so now that I am off work I have lots of projects I am hoping to get done before Baby Girl gets here. I am already in crazy organization mode in the nursery and doing lots of laundry so I can finally get everything all put away and organized! I looove these kinds of projects, and it is even more fun when it involves cute little things for Baby Girl! Next up is to do some decorating elements in her nursery. I have lots of ideas (thanks Pinterest!) but am struggling with which ones to do and how to pull everything together. Hopefully it can all come together soon, because there is a chance Baby Girl might be a little early....
At my 36 week appointment, Baby Girl was measuring big for the first time so we may be doing a scan in the upcoming weeks to get a better idea on just how big she is right now. I don't like the idea of inducing her before she is ready to come out, but I also don't like the idea of pushing out a 10 pound baby so we will just see what they say at my appointment next week! Good news is the doctor said Baby Girl is head down and unlikely to flip over anymore, so that is a definite plus! I have been having some random, sporadic contractions the last couple of weeks but nothing regular at all so who knows when this little lady will decide to make her grand appearance! I still think she will be late and Chris is thinking early so she has her parents split on this one! Most of the guesses I have gotten from friends and family seem to agree with Chris and be on the early side, but we will just have to wait and see!
Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend! We are heading down to the Lake of the Ozarks to spend a relaxing weekend with my dad and step-mom. Our past trips down to the lake have contained boat rides, tubing, wake boarding, jet skiing, and lots of beer ... so needless to say the this trip will be a lot tamer! No boat rides for me this year, since I'm afraid the choppy water could induce labor (not too mention it would probably be pretty uncomfortable for me) ... and none of those other fun water activities either! I plan on spending a lot of time on the porch overlooking the lake, and occasionally making trips to the pool up the street! I am so looking forward to it too - sounds like just what I need!!!
-Ellie



No comments:
Post a Comment