We had an appointment yesterday so I thought I'd fill you all in on some of the details. I think we have seen from our previous ultrasounds that we are going to have a stubborn, active little lady on our hands; however, she took it to another level yesterday! The doctor was trying to get her heartbeat (which is normally really easy to find), but every time she would just about get it baby girl would move so that we couldn't hear her!! The doctor was even trying to press on my belly to sort of hold her in place, but baby girl really didn't like that! At one point the doctor told us that we were going to need to "swaddle this little girl because she is going to be a wild one!" Chris was super active as a baby in his mom's belly (and managed to wrap his cord around his neck twice!), so I am just thinking she is already taking after her daddy. :)
Our doctor also commented on how strong she is and said she was surprised I wasn't more sore from all of her activity. My belly is not really sore, but the movement definitely takes my breath away at times. She is especially active late at night, and recently she will almost kick Chris's hand right off my belly because her kicks are so strong! Sometimes it even feels like she is just doing log rolls (or somersaults) in my belly. I love getting to feel all her movements, but am thinking that 7 more weeks of this activity (that seems to be getting stronger by the day) could be a little painful as she gets even bigger!! I can't believe our due date is 7 weeks from today - we are so excited to meet our active baby girl!!!
-Ellie
No comments:
Post a Comment