Updates from our expanding family, plus whatever else is on our minds!

Updates from our expanding family, plus whatever else is on our minds!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Nursery

I have been promising to post pictures of Baby Girl's nursery for a while now, so here they are!  I was able to get lots of Pinterest inspired projects done since I have been off work, so it is now all ready for our little girl!


This chair is so comfortable ... I can't wait to spend hours rocking Baby Girl in there!

I painted these shelves and then added the pink ribbon to them.  I am also really excited with the way the little glitter vases with the flowers turned out!

Her dresser/changing table.


I may have gone a little overboard making hair bows for Baby Girl, but they were really fun to make and of course I had to make them in pretty much every color!  For those of you who don't know - anchors are one of the "symbols" of my sorority so my DG girlfriends and I all have a slight obsession with them!  When I found this hook, I knew I had to repaint it and hang it somewhere in Baby Girl's room!! :)

Pictures will be added to all of these once we get some taken of Baby Girl.  I was really excited with how the canvas in the top right came out - I absolutely love that quote!!

These decals came with her bedding set, and I was really happy with the way they look over her closet/door.  My Grandma B always had lambs on her farm (including a really friendly one named Baa Baa) so this bedding set kind of reminded me of her which is partly why we chose it.

I even added a little lamb over her light switch!!

Baby Girl's crib

She has her very own treasure box, complete with lock and key!  (Thanks Uncle Rich & Aunt Nikki!)

Chris did an amazing job painting the room (and yes - that is paint, not wallpaper!)

My sorority's "mascot" is the Hannah doll (aka a Raggedy Ann doll), and I was lucky that my mom was able to find one for Baby Girl!! (And don't worry - all stuffed animals and blankets will be removed from the crib before Baby Girl sleeps in there)

My mom and I made the green curtains - I love the way they turned out!!


I am going to add her name/birthday to the canvas with the sheep on it, and then a picture to the white frame, and finally her hand/footprints to the pink canvas.  She just needs to get here so I can finish them! :)

Well, that's her nursery!  I am so so excited with how it turned out, and I think it is now my favorite room in the house!  Now the only thing missing is Baby Girl! <3

-Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment