Happy half birthday to our sweet baby Reagan!! I can't believe that 6 months has gone by so quickly!! Here are some of our major milestones from this month...
Reagan got her first tooth a couple of days before her 6 month birthday (and the second tooth followed a couple of days later.) We were lucky that she wasn't particularly fussy while teething, but she did love the "momsicles" that I would give her (frozen breast milk that I put into a feeder bag for her to chew on - see picture below for example) She absolutely loves to chew on those while she is sitting at the dinner table with us!!!
Reagan is also rolling from back to front now all of the time and sits up by herself so well!! Just the other night she was laying on the floor with a bunch of toys around her and she was scooching around in a circle to play with all of the toys. I have no doubt that she will be crawling around like crazy in no time at all!! I don't know if we are ready for it yet, but I guess we are going to have to start baby-proofing the house soon!
When Reagan hit the 6 month mark, we started feeding her solid foods. I decided to make her baby food and have been having a lot of fun doing so (and it is really easy!!). The first food we tried were carrots, and she loved them! She opened up her mouth like a little bird the moment we started feeding her - she knew exactly what to do! She is such a good little eater already!
Since introducing carrots, we have also tried green beans and pears and she loved them both!! It is such a fun, new phase to be feeding her real food and seeing how much she enjoys it!
Reagan has been saying "mama" a lot these days, although I don't know if I would necessarily classify it as her first word yet. She mostly says it when she wants to be picked up and not so much in reference to me, but I still love hearing it!! Chris has been trying to encourage "dada" a lot these days but so far no luck!! Even though she is saying "mama", she sure does love her daddy!!
We are all ready for Christmas here at the Heath house. Chris and I both caught a 24-hour bug last week (I am so thankful that Reagan never got it!) so I was a little worried that we were going to be sick for Christmas. Thankfully it was a quick moving bug and we both feel so much better now!!! Our family is going to start arriving today and so it is going to be busy next few days, and I am so excited!! I had a cute little elf to help me go Christmas shopping and wrap gifts this year. :)
I know she isn't going to "get" Christmas this year, but I have a feeling she is going to like tearing up the wrapping paper! She reached over and grabbed one of her presents while we were taking pictures and was trying to rip it open. Not till Christmas, baby girl!!!
We took Reagan to go see Santa this year at Crown Center and she did not seem to mind the big guy. In fact, she seemed rather unimpressed by it all, but still managed to look cute in her picture with Santa!
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
-Ellie



No comments:
Post a Comment