Another month older and so many new milestones!! One of which came as we were taking these four month pictures.....Reagan discovered the gigantic dolly sitting next to her and was simply amazed. I could barely stop cracking up long enough to take this picture. What a personality this little girl has!!
I cannot even believe how strong she is getting. She loves tummy time a lot more now that she can hold her head up and see things while she is on her belly! She is still a little bit of a princess and refuses to roll over consistently even though we know that she can and have seen her do it before. Instead she will kind of do a "superman" move and pull up on her hands and feet at the same time, as if to say "OK, you can push me over onto my back now." As we learned when I was pregnant - this girl likes to do things on her own time and so when she decides she wants to roll over I have no doubt there is going to be no stopping her! For now though, it is nice to have her stay in one spot when we lay her down. :)
Another big milestone this month was that I had to go back to work. I was sad to leave my little girl, but it made me feel so much better to know that I was leaving her home with her daddy or grandmas. I am only working 4 days a week, so Chris is home with her 3 of those days and then the other day my mom and his mom alternate coming up to watch Reagan every other week. I am so thankful that our schedules work out like this, and this first month has gone great! Reagan is taking bottles like a champ which was kind of my main worry. Daddy even takes her on fun field trips, like when he took her to Cabela's (and scared the heck out of mommy when I first glanced at this picture and wondered where they were at for a deer to be that close to my daughter).....
Reagan wanted to try out Baby Lloyd's rocking horse at my sister-in-law's baby shower. She seemed to enjoy it so we may be needing to get one of those now! :)
We took Reagan to a restaurant to meet some friends and watch the KU vs. K-State football game. She looked so cute in her KU gear, and the smart girl that she is fell asleep after the first quarter and slept through the remainder of the game. :) Oh well, at least it is basketball season now!!
I was so excited to take Reagan to the pumpkin patch this year! Chris and I have been in the past, but it was so much more fun to bring Reagan this year. She even got her own little baby pumpkin, and we got several comments about how cute she looked in her little pumpkin hat!
So big!!! I don't know how accurate this thing is, but it will be interesting to measure her up against it every year!
I just love my little family! Holidays are so much more fun now as a family of three!!
Some other milestones from Reagan's fourth month:
- She has the cutest little belly laugh and does it all the time now. I absolutely love doing everything I can to get her to laugh. She thinks mommy is hilarious so I have been able to hear this precious sound a lot lately!
- Reagan still won't take a pacifier, but she has discovered just how yummy her fingers taste and chews on them all the time. She is still not exactly a thumb sucker so I don't know if she will develop that habit, but for right now she just loves gnawing on those little fingers!
- She is also discovering her feet and sometimes can get it close enough to her mouth to stick it in there. It was hilarious to see her reaction the first time she started sucking on her big toe, and then stopped and looked at me as if to say "what in the world was that?!"
- Reagan may not be rolling over, but she is sure trying hard to sit up. Sometimes when she is laying down she will try to do a sit-up in order to get herself upright. As of right now, she can just slightly lift her head up off the ground but I have no doubt that my determined little girl will be sitting up in no time!
I just absolutely love this little girl to pieces. I think she looks a lot like her daddy, but I see a lot of my mannerisms and expressions in her. Either way, she is developing one fun little personality and I love getting to see that emerge! She is such a sassy, happy, funny little girl who makes us smile and laugh every single day!!
Up next: Halloween and her four month professional pictures! I will be sure to update the blog for both of those events because I'm sure there will be lots of fun pictures to share!!
-Ellie






No comments:
Post a Comment