Reagan didn't really seem to notice Jackson, but Jackson would perk up whenever he heard her crying. I can only imagine it is weird for them to hear a baby crying and not having it come from themselves!! :)
One of the nights we gave the babies their baths....You gotta love clean little babies in diapers!!!
After their baths, Reagan got into her shoe-pants jam jams and Jackson is looking very Dr. Seuss-esk in his!!! I absolutely love footie pajamas - I think babies just look ridiculously cute in them! :)
While we were down there, we figured out the secret to getting Reagan to take a nap without being held!!! She likes to sleep on her side, with a pillow propped up behind her and then wrapped in a big fuzzy blanket. So far we are only doing this for nap times because I can go in and check on her often, but I am hoping to gradually start taking these "props" away from her so that she can eventually sleep all by herself in her crib!! This was a huge accomplishment for her though, and she took a 3.5 hour nap in the pack and play - amazing!
Jackson was nice enough to take a nap at the same time, so we were "baby free" for a couple of hours.
Another big accomplishment of Reagan's while we were down there was that we put her in an exersaucer for the first time. Jackson was nice enough to loan Reagan his "office" and she really enjoyed it! Needless to say, we put her exersaucer together as soon as we got home and she loves getting to play in it.
Here is a video of Reagan in Jackson's exersaucer for the first time. It is so much fun to see her upright and holding her head up so much these days. I can't believe how fast my little girl is growing up!
Reagan wasn't the only baby who hit some milestones that weekend. Jackson learned to roll over from his back to his tummy that weekend, and once he got the hang of it there was no stopping him!! As you can see from the picture below, we had to be careful that he didn't roll right over on top of Reagan!
On Saturday night of that weekend, we went up to the hotel where my brother-in-law works. He had gotten us adjoining hotel rooms, and so we had a little "vacation" for the evening. We sat out by the pool, the boys went for a midnight swim, we watched Chris's fantasy football draft, and just had fun watching the babies play together! It was such a fun evening!
Before we left we had to have a photo shoot with the babies. Chris and I just love this picture - Reagan looks so stinkin' cute in this outfit, and those shoes are still so big on her little feet!!
They did a great job of posing for our photo shoot and we got lots of good shots of the two of them together!!
I already miss my little nephew, and can't wait to see all of the Garcias again soon. We always have such a great time together, and as our babies get older I am sure they will love these get togethers more and more since they will always have a playmate around that is their own age!!
-Ellie



No comments:
Post a Comment