For labor day we went down to the Lake of the Ozarks to visit my dad and step-mom. We had such a great time, and my dad and Joy loved getting to be around Reagan 24/7 for the weekend. Reagan absolutely loved her Papaw and Nana, and fell asleep in her Papaw's arms quite often that weekend!
Of course my dad and Chris had to watch all of the Royals games that were on over the weekend, so Reagan thought she would show her team spirit and root on the Royals as well!!
I don't know about you, but I am thinking we may need to look for a different baby-sitter. ;)
One of the mornings Joy and I went shopping at the outlet mall (woo, gotta love good Labor Day deals!) and left Reagan home with the boys. We are still having trouble getting Reagan to consistently take a bottle, but the boys got creative and fed her milk through a syringe. Whatever works, right?!?
I was glad they were able to get her fed because it was nice coming home to a happy, passed out baby.
Reagan loved sitting out on the screened in porch that overlooks the lake. She loves being outside so much, but I am a little worried about mosquitoes (curse you west nile virus) so we don't spend a whole lot of time on our deck since we have a pretty bad mosquito problem back there. It was so nice to be able to enjoy the nice weather and not have to worry about bugs!
Reagan has turned into such an expressive little girl. I just love watching all of her facial expressions - especially when she finds something that really interests her, like below. It is so much fun seeing the world through her eyes as she discovers new things.
Recently Reagan has really found her voice. I just love hearing her little sing-song voice as she just coos away! Check out the video below to hear for yourself!
Another day we decided to drive over to the Robinson's lake house and visit with them for a little bit. We took Reagan out on her first boat ride with them. The rocking of the boat put her right to sleep and she missed the whole thing! :)
I just love my little family. <3
My dad is somewhat of a master on the grill, and so we always eat really well when we go down to visit them. One of the days he was hard at work smoking ribs for us all day, and let me just say that they were amazing!! Even Reagan seems interested in the ribs!
We had a HUGE accomplishment while we were there. Reagan rolled from her tummy to her back all by herself for the very first time! Joy got a great action shot of it, and as you can tell by my expression I was quite shocked!! I can't believe how big my little girl is getting!
We tried to take my dad and Joy's boat out one of the days but the water was just a little bit too choppy for us. So instead we hung out on the dock for a little bit, but Reagan didn't seem to interested in taking in the sights. ;)
Love this little girl so much!
We had a great weekend at the lake, and it was so much fun to spend time with Reagan's Nana and Papaw. She is such a lucky girl to have so many grandparents who love her so much!!
-Ellie




No comments:
Post a Comment