Sorry for the delay on this post, folks. I started a new job this last week so I have been trying to get back into the swing of getting up and going to work four days a week!!! Not to mention I am constantly chasing our crazy, active little girl around - there just isn't enough hours in the day sometimes! Miss Reagan was being silly during our 9 month pictures and doing all sorts of wacky poses. I just love this girl so much - she can always bring a smile to my face!
Reagan has figured out that she can make another expression other than just smiling....I call it her "stink eye". Oh this girl, what a funny one she is!!
During my time between jobs we went down to visit my sister and her family in Arkansas. We always love getting our babies together, and it was crazy to see just how big they have gotten since they last time they had seen each other. Look at them just standing up at the back door!
"Good morning, Cousin!!"
Of course we had to cheer on the Jayhawks while we were down there.....and the Hawks won so of course it must have been due to these cute little lucky charms!!!
Carrie and I were using our iPhones to get Jackson and Reagan to look at the camera during our mini Photo shoot. Well somehow the babies got a hold of the iPhones and I inadvertently captured this shot of the two of them. Why do I think this is a glimpse into our future in about 13 years?!? :)
We also had an Oscar watch party while we were down there. Check out my sassy girl striking a pose!!
Reagan learned how to pull herself up to standing, and there was a couple of days between when she really got the hang of it to when Chris and I were both home while she was awake and could lower the crib mattress. In the mean time, I just had to sprint into her room anytime she made a peep because she was up on her feet in no time and I was worried she would make a break for it over the edge!
Here she is with the lowered mattress - much safer (and better for mommy's sanity!!) This last month Reagan even had a couple of nights where she slept 11 hours straight - wow!!! She normally gets up once to eat still, but those couple of nights gave me a taste of what is to come after we can finish up with all this pesky teething business!!
After I spent the better part of a day continually pulling Reagan away from the entertainment center so she wouldn't shut her fingers in the doors, turn off the cable box, pull out the Wii console, etc., I made the executive decision to find a gate to remedy the problem. We set this one up all around the entertainment center and it has been awesome!!! She now pulls up on the gate (and pretty much anything) and will take steps while holding on. I feel like she JUST started crawling - I don't know if I am ready for her to be walking already!!!
Reagan still says "mama" a lot and is now working on "dada" which currently just sounds like "bah", but we are working on it!!! She also has been eating a lot more finger foods, including cheese, turkey, crackers, bananas, and eggs. I also found a brand of yogurt that she really likes and so we have been giving her some of that pretty much every morning. Other then that, she is constantly learning new things and is turning into quite the comedian!! We are so lucky to have such a sweet little girl!
I think that's about it for this month. We have a few busy months ahead, so I will try to update this blog more timely (although I make no promises!) I'll leave you with a couple of my favorite pictures from Reagan's 8 month photo shoot!!
-Ellie








No comments:
Post a Comment