Updates from our expanding family, plus whatever else is on our minds!

Updates from our expanding family, plus whatever else is on our minds!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

7 Months


What an exciting month it has been for us!!  Besides all of the firsts that came along with our trip to Florida and Reagan's first Christmas, Reagan also had lots of other milestones this month.  She got to experience her first snow, which basically involved us bundling her up in several layers just to get a couple of pictures of her in the snow.  Can you tell she wasn't too terribly impressed by the white stuff?!?

I am still making Reagan's baby food and we have tried lots of new food this month.  So far I haven't found anything she doesn't like!!  I was am a picky eater and so it would be wonderful if Reagan takes after her daddy who will eat practically anything!!!  She is such a funny eater though.  She will let me put a spoonful in, and then will follow it up by sticking her hand in her mouth.  This results in food getting all over her hands, which then gets smeared anywhere that she can reach.  These pictures were from her first time trying blueberries.  I thought I would strip her down because 1. I had already seen what a mess she can make and 2. I didn't want to spend an hour in the laundry room trying to get out blueberry stains.  As evidenced by the pictures below, that was probably a very wise decision on my part!!


So far we have tried broccoli, apples, blueberries, pears, mangoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, zucchini, chicken, and the list keeps growing.  I am having so much fun making her food, and she seems to love meal time which is great!!

In other Reagan news, she still only has the two bottom teeth but is working on those two top teeth which I am guessing will be making an appearance any day now!  Also, she will get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth, or will scooch forward a little bit when she is on her belly so she is getting super close to crawling too!  Our smart girl has figured out that she can just roll places instead of crawling, so she will sometimes "cheat" and roll to the toys that we have set out around her.  What a stinker!!!  She is also officially sleeping in her crib every night now, and will usually get up once to eat at night but otherwise is sleeping close to 11 hours at night.  :-D

We took her to the doctor right before we left for Florida, so her 6.5 month stats are: weight = 16 pounds, 12 ounces and height = 26 inches.  She had a lot of fun ripping up the paper on the table at the doctor's office (this picture was taken pre-shots).  Reagan was such a trooper during her shots, and only cried for about 5 seconds until I was able to scoop her up and she saw that Chris and I were clapping and cheering for her.  She immediately stopped crying and burst into this huge grin.  What kid does that right after getting three shots?!?  Even the nurse was impressed!!!

That is all for now.  I am sure we will have many more milestones, firsts, and changes over the next month as our little girl continues to grow!!

-Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment